ABAQUS course for beginners | FEM simulation tutorial
Abaqus for beginners (Abaqus tutorial for civil engineering)
FREE VIDEO PACKAGE ABAQUS TUTORIAL
ABAQUS FEA Training (Free cantilever beam tutorial)
Abaqus for beginners (Mechanical Engineering)-Free Version
Python scripting in ABAQUS-(FREE Version)
UMAT Subroutine (VUMAT Subroutine) in ABAQUS-Free Version- UMAT Abaqus example
"UMAT Subroutine (VUMAT Subroutine) introduction" is used when the material model is not available in ABAQUS software. If you follow this tutorial package, including standard and explicit solver, you will have the ability to write, debug and verify your subroutine based on customized material to use this in complex structures. These lectures are the introduction to writing advanced UMAT and VUMAT subroutines in hyperelastic Martials, Composites, and Metal, and so on. Watch Demo"Advanced UMAT Subroutine (VUMAT Subroutine)" training package helps Abaqus users to prepare complex UMAT and VUMAT subroutines. This training package is suitable for those who are familiar with subroutine or want to learn UMAT/VUMAT subroutine Professionally. Equations for computational plasticity based on kinematic stiffness are also discussed. In addition, metal damage has been implemented based on Johnson Cook's model. Watch Demo
FREE PDF ABAQUS TUTORIAL
Abaqus tutorial | Abaqus course on CAEassistant
CAE assistant Abaqus tutorial page is a collection of articles and videos for learning Abaqus CAE. One of the most widely used finite element analysis software programs is known as Abaqus. Although it is a very powerful tool, beginners may find it challenging, and learning how to use the software from the Documentation can be difficult.
It is a software program used for pre-processing (modeling and analyzing mechanical parts and assemblies) and viewing finite element analysis results. If you are new to Abaqus, our “free Abaqus tutorial” improves your basic knowledge of Abaqus. “Abaqus course for beginners” is the best Abaqus training on the web. Here you can find some Abaqus tutorial PDFs that include practical examples of software and useful description of how to model them in Abaqus. In the free video tutorial packages, just some parts of the Abaqus training packages are presented. If you are interested, you can find complete packages on the CAEassistant shop.Read More
- Start with your education in the specific field of Mechanics/ physics you want to simulate.
- Engage in FEA basic courses such as the above Abaqus tutorials.
- Study modeling techniques rather than merely learning software.
- Recognize how your mechanical problem behaves.
- Always strive to comprehend anything thoroughly.
- Begin with simple problems.
- Practice often and intensify your efforts.
- Attend FEA courses (For example, Abaqus trainings)
- Study your peers’ work.
- Be patient; becoming a specialist takes time.
How Can we help as CAE assistants?
If we want to categorize the educational content available on the CAEassistant site about the Abaqus software, we can say that the following items are covered on this site in various Abaqus tutorials:
1-Analysis Procedures, Solution, and Control:
- Static stress-displacement analysis,
- Dynamic stress-displacement analysis,
- Steady-state transport analysis,
- Heat transfer and thermal stress analysis,
- Fluid dynamic analysis,
- Coupled pore fluid flow and stress analysis,
- Mass diffusion analysis,
- Acoustic and shock analysis,
- Abaqus/Aqua analysis,
- Electromagnetic analysis,
2- Analysis Techniques
- Adaptivity Techniques
- Particle Methods
- Analysis Continuation Techniques
- Modeling Abstractions
- Special-Purpose Techniques
- Optimization Techniques
- Eulerian Analysis
- Sequentially Coupled Multiphysics Analyses
- Extending Abaqus Analysis Functionality
- Design Sensitivity Analysis
- Parametric Studies
- “Elastic Mechanical Properties”
- “Inelastic Mechanical Properties”
- “Progressive Damage and Failure”
- “Hydrodynamic Properties”
In the above topics, we have some Abaqus tutorial packages, and you can get them from the CAEassistant shop.
What training courses have published CAEassistant about composite material?
In comparison to metals, composites’ damage mechanisms are less well known. Composite materials and structures are susceptible to defects, whether they appear during material processing, component fabrication, or in-service use. Understanding how the damage or defect affects the structural integrity of the composite component is crucial to determining how critical the defect is. If we can somehow determine these damages and tend to them in time, the maintenance cost would be severely decreased. Also, our design will be better and well-optimized.
The composite damages can be classified into two levels:
4.1. Composite damage during manufacturing
Anomalies caused by processing errors like porosity, microcracking, and delaminations are examples of manufacturing damage. Inadvertent edge cuts, scratches, surface gouges, impact damage, and damaged fastener holes are also included. Manufacturing flaws consist of:
- Air bubbles
- Resin starved areas
- Resin rich areas
4.2. In-service damage of composites
It’s true that the composite structures have sufficient strength and stiffness, but like other structures, they may get damaged during the service. The damages could be caused by impact, low resistance to the service environment, overloading, Staff carelessness, etc.
In-service damages include:
- Impact damage
- Fiber fracturing
Until now, you’ve learned so much about composite materials. You’ve learned “what is a composite material?”, “why we need them?”, advantages and disadvantages of composites, classification of composites, and damages in composites. Now, we’re ready to talk about how to model and analyze these magnificent structures in the Abaqus software.
- First, we talk about how to model a composite in the Abaqus, how to create parts, apply material properties, etc.
- Second, we talk about how to simulate damage in composites, damage initiation point, progressive damage, and the most important damage theories such as HASHIN criterion, Tsai-Wu, Tsai-Hill, Puck criterion, etc.
- Third, fatigue in composites.
- And finally, we’ll see some practical examples and simulations of composite structures in the Abaqus.
If you’re interested as we do and want to learn how to do your projects with the FEM method, let’s get right to it and see how to model composite materials in the Abaqus. See the article “All about composite material analysis” to get more details about composite courses.
Abaqus Modules Video Tutorial
A full Abaqus environment, Abaqus/CAE offers a straightforward, consistent user interface for creating, submitting, tracking, and assessing the results of Abaqus/Standard and Abaqus/Explicit simulations. Each module in Abaqus/CAE defines a logical step in the modeling process, such as specifying the geometry, defining the properties of the materials, and creating a mesh. Building the model used by Abaqus/CAE to produce the input file you give to the Abaqus/Standard or Abaqus/Explicit analysis product happens as you progress through the modules. The analysis tool performs the analysis, provides data to Abaqus/CAE so you can keep track of the job’s development, and creates an output database. Here, in the below videos, you can get enough information about Abaqus modules and start simulating in Abaqus. Enjoy this Abaqus tutorial and get the full version of the “Abaqus course for beginners” package.